Thursday, June 9, 2011

Switching of jobs (in UAE) allowed only after two-year term

Major General Mohammad Ahmad Al Merri, Director-General of the General Department for Residency and Foreigners' Affairs in Dubai, answers questions from Gulf News readers on issues related to residency in the UAE
Q: I have been working in a hotel in Fujairah for about 14 months. I know that I can’t switch job right now because there will be a six-month ban. But I got vague information from my friends that if I get a job under immigration visa then I can change to that job. And also hotels in Dubai are issuing employees such visas. I want to get broad information about this and I also want to know will I be able to change to a job in Jumeirah Group if I get a job there.
A: In order to change job you need to complete two years at the existing job. People can change work from private to government or semi government without the need to complete two year and such visas are issued by the residency department. You can check with Jumairah group if you can get job with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment